Life on Yavin IV
Hello there. I'm Jedi Knight G. Since the creation of the New Jedi Order by Master Skywalker, the Jedi have been free to take part in previously forbidden activities. One of those being Marriage. The following are the tales of my experiences being married with children. May the force be with you...G.
8.14.2006
What'cha Doing?
Does anybody know the proper response to that phrase...I bet C does.


This blog really has nothing to do with this pic...but it's just too cute not to post. Haven is staying at her grandparent's this week and they took her to Aunt Cawcaw (I'm guessing that's how it's spelled) and let her ride princess. You'd think she was born on horseback. She took too like she'd been doing it all her short life. I quess try as I may, I'm not going to get all the redneck out of her blood...oh well...it could be worse.


Ok. So, what's been going on with G? Why haven't I posted? Why did Dallas sign T.O.? Ok, so maybe you're not interested in the last one, but it's definately been a source of irritation for me...What were they thinking?
I apologize to all my loyal readers (all 4 of you) for not posting, but being a stay at home dad & working from home as proved to be very time consuming & stressful. I'm always tired and Jenn says I'm moody...me moody, c'mon. Why I ought too...(maybe she's right).

Business in up and down. That's about how I'd describe it. Experts say you should have at least 6mo salary saved before you dive into your own business. Well I'm no expert, but I can see the wisdom in that statement. It takes awhile for business to start flowing continually. At the moment it's more of a drip with an occasional gush. Things are getting tight and to add to that Jenn will most likely be let go from her current job (damn corporate politics). Makes you want to just go and hit somebody in a suit. I don't understand the attitude or mindset of these corporate types. They are incapable of seeing people as people rather than numbers to be crunched. Irritating. It's been proven over & over again that if you take care of your people - your people will take care of you. But then greed steps in and they see that they can make more money by slashing and slashing. Ok enough of that rant.

So we're in a pickle as it is. Seems we're always in a pickle here lately. I hate pickles. Never liked them, they smell funny and I don't like that juice that covers them.

But God again is faithful and I can see that He has a plan for us. It's hard to be patient but if there's anything I've learned through my recent struggles is that waiting for God is a lot better than the alternative. So I'll wait.

Jenn is doing really good with BeautiControl. It's a christian based cosmetic company that she's gotten involved in on the side. Hopefully she can turn it into a full time career and get out of that corporate rat race.

Me, I'm still pushing Red Five. If Jenn loses her job, I may have to get back into the workforce and do Red Five on the side again...we will make it work.

So that's it in a nutshell oh...I turned 34 yesterday! Yeah. So what did I do for my birthday...

6am - woke up.
7:15am - went to church and ran thru the service rehearsal
9am - Technical Director for first service
10am - took break and drank a Diet Dr. Pepper to wake up
10:45am - Technical Director for second service
12p - arrived home
12:30p - went to Arby's to pick up lunch
12:45p - ate lunch at home
1p - watched extra features on 'V is for Vendetta' and 'Underworld:Evolution'
3ish - took nap with Jenn (yes, that's all we did...nap)
5ish - messed with my myspace account
6ish - ate supper
7pm - watched Sunday Night Football
and the rest is too boring to post.
Yeah...when you hit mid 30s the party's over. Next big party will be my 40th bday complete with black balloons. lol.

I'll try and post an interesting post later this week.

Laters
posted by G. @ 9:47 AM  
2 Comments:
  • At 11:16 AM, Blogger Pamela said…

    Oh how true it is that you ARE MOODY! lol You know on top of everything, you have to put up with your sister and her son living in the same household. Can anybody say crowded but loving! lol

    You know GOD works in mysterious ways. You and Jenn are wonderful people and it will all work out. Keep your faith.

    Love your sis

     
  • At 8:31 AM, Blogger Capt. C said…

    What cha doing?

    Eating chocolate!

    Where cha get it???

    Doggy dropped it!!

    Where'd he drop it??

    Does anybody know the answer here??

    I don't think you are moody!!

     
Post a Comment
<< Home
 
About Me

Name: G.
Home: Arkansas, United States
About Me: I have a beautiful wife, Jennifer, who has blessed me with two children. Haven Dawn & Xander Thomas. I'm a Producer/Editor for UAMS (Univ. of Arkansas for Medical Sciences). Go Cowboys!
See my complete profile
Previous Post
Archives
Links
Powered by

BLOGGER